And we're keeping everything ready and waiting for you.
As the COVID-19 Pandemic, and travel restrictions in both destination and source countries around the world evolves, so do our guidelines on how we can assist you during this time with bookings travelling to our camps.
The below guidelines are applicable as from Monday, 27 July 2020
- Botswana and Zimbabwe’s borders remain closed at this stage. Therefore, whilst the borders are closed to international guest arrivals, guests who are booked to arrive before 30 November 2020 can elect to postpone their travels up until 45 days prior to their original travel date. This change is at no cost as long as they travel before 31 December 2021.
- Any guest who needs to postpone their expected 2020 safari, whilst Botswana’s and Zimbabwe’s borders remain closed, and who cannot confirm their required future travel dates at the time of postponement, will have their current reservation released and any monies paid including deposits held converted to a Future Safari Credit*.
- Depending on the guest’s new travel dates and season selected, there may be a supplementary charge applicable.
- These arrangements are only applicable while a country’s borders remain closed to international guest arrivals.
- Kenya’s borders are expected to reopen in August 2020, and we are planning on reopening our camps mid-September 2020. Therefore, for guests scheduled to arrive after 18 September 2020 and that opt to postpone or cancel their travel arrangements for any reason as from 27 July 2020 an applicable change, postponement, or cancellation fee will be confirmed by our reservations team at the time of notification.
Cancelling your reservation?
- For guests that do opt to cancel their travel arrangements for any reason, an applicable change, postponement or cancellation fee will be confirmed by our reservations team at the time of notification.
- Guests are advised to submit their claim for any potential refund to their relevant travel insurance.
Are there any camp closures?
*What is future safari credit?
- Future Safari Credits are valid for redemption for travel up to 31 December 2022.
- Future Safari Credits cannot be refunded, transferred or converted to cash.
- The value of a Future Safari Credit will be confirmed at the time of postponement and is restricted to the actual deposits receipted into Great Plains Conservation, less any charges incurred in relation to 3rdparty services.
- Future Safari Credits will only be available during the period that a country’s borders are closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic being declared as a reason for travel restrictions. This also includes the country from which the guests would be travelling from.
The above notes only govern Great Plains Conservation camps and services and not any 3rd party service we may be holding for the guests. Any cancellation charges levied by the 3rd party service provider will be confirmed at the time of cancellation.
The above may be adjusted at any time and we will endeavour to communicate such changes accordingly.
If you are unsure as to how to amend or change your booking of these ongoing developments, please contact our reservations team for assistance – email@example.com
As a courtesy to your fellow safari pioneers, and our staff, we ask that you wear your FaceWear (Face Masks) when in all common areas of our camps and during any wildlife viewing activities drives, mekoros, boating, etc. that may close the distance to others especially those beyond your family or travelling party.
We would suggest that you view your air transfers, and whilst in airports, as a portion of your safari where FaceWear is mandatory.